Thursday, October 31, 2013

Thinking It Through

I would love to keep the original chassis for this project and make it work. There are a few things that this chassis cannot accomplish for the build. I want to make sure I can keep up with traffic and stop when needed in a safely manner. Also the bed of the truck is too high. We plan on serving the pizza out of the box thru a service window, so we need a lower bed. Didn’t want to be three feet higher than the customer. I have a lot of things to consider, holding tanks, water, hot water tank, propane, generator electrical and plumbing just to name a few. The one thing I do not want to do in this build is to lose that charm or the look of its era. That’s what makes this truck so cool.



Here are some drawing that I did in Photoshop and Sketch Book Pro.


The last two are rough ones I did for ride height. This one is for when it's parked and ready to serve pizza.


This is ride height


No comments:

Post a Comment