Thursday, October 31, 2013

The Quest for the Perfect Dash

We wanted to do something a little different then the stock dash in the truck. At first we thought we would do some custom gauges and that would be good enough. But when I was looking for gauges I came across a picture of a 1948 Ford car dash. I knew right then that it was the one for the truck. I began the search for the dash right away. Ebay had a few candidates but not in the greatest shape and were missing most of the parts. I thought I would give my brother Benny a call and see if he could find one for us. Well once again he pulled through with one primo dash. I pick it up on Monday and took it to Chris and we had the old dash out and the new one temporarily in place before the end of the day. Chris and I were sure that we would have to narrow the new dash to make it fit. To our surprise it fit right in between the pillers. Will have to do some fine tuning metal work for a prefect fit.





No comments:

Post a Comment