Thursday, October 31, 2013

Of Special Mention

The plan is that we will incorporate the radiator bracket too the two new body mounts. That will tie the two sided together and also make the radiator part of the cab and not the frame. We also will use the stock top two mounting points for the radiator bracket which will also tie the two sides together.

We are planning on running AccuAir with Firestone air bags for the suspension. We feel that this will give us a lot of options for different ride heights and a nice smooth ride.

I know a lot of folks out there that don't care for the look of the stacks. One of the main reason I went this route was to fill the space between the cab and box. We need a eight foot wide box to handle all the equipment and the cab is just over five feet. That's a lot of dead space and feel that the stacks filled in the gap nicely.

For the heat that they put out was a concern. I have a funny story how this problem was solved. My wife was looking over my drawing of the truck and said to me are those pipes the exhaust for the pizza ovens and I looked at her in dismay and said no honey those are the exhaust for the engine. Then I remembered a few days before this Chris said that he would like to exhaust the hood fan for the pizza ovens under the truck so that we were not blowing greasy exhaust all over the polished aluminum. So between my wife and Chris's ideas the stacks will be use for exhausting the pizza hood. The stacks will be warm to the touch and piping out the smell of good old pizza. It's funny how things work out sometimeshttp://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif The only credit I get is putting the two ideas together.

No comments:

Post a Comment