Thursday, October 31, 2013

It's All My Wife's Fault

When it comes to making pizza and drawing what I need I can hold my own. When it comes to shaping metal and welding that's a different story. So I needed to find the person that could make my project come to life. About two months before the project began we were enlarging the walk-in at the restaurant and needed some custom stainless work done. One day my wife comes home and gives me a business card, and said she met a nice young lady and that her husband does custom hoods and stainless work and that we should give him a call for the walk-in project. I gave Chris a call to come and take a look at what we needed and take some measurements. After he was done I ask if he would take a look at my drawing. When I gave him the drawing his facial expression was like giving a three year old a double scoop ice cream cone. At that point I new he was a car guy. I asked him if he worked on cars? He pulled out his phone and showed me a 50 Ford that he had chop, sectioned, and fabricated some of the lower panels that had rusted out. We talked for at least an hour about cars and the project. I ask if this is something he would be interested in building? I didn't think I really needed to ask, because of his enthusiasm and interest that he was showing. It was a big yes! He ask for me to give him some measurements and what kind of materials that I wanted to use and the scope of the work I wanted him to complete so that he could give me a ball park figure of what it might cost. I told him I would get the information together and we would meet again. At that point I had a gut feeling that Chris was going to be the man for the job. During the time between our meetings I worked on pulling off the cab and doing research on the new chassis.


My make shift hoist. Crude engineering, but it worked.


Made it to shop without any problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment